Rangers Lead The Way!

Rangers Lead The Way!

Friday, September 24, 2010

Affluenza, yes its contagious.

After we read that story in class I somewhat realized a little bit more, just how serious of a problem it is for people. Shopping like a madman, buying things uncontrollably. Not even leaving your chair due to an eight hour bidding session on Ebay..? Is it worth it? I know kids at school that are obsessed with buying Nike SB's literally..obsessed. They have to have every pair. and I guarantee there is a kid in each class that has more than 3 at home. I personally don't. I have one pair of shoes, and one pair of boots for extracurricular activites. But even I am stuck and pulled into buying useless things. Shopping malls go up everyday, more and more random, useless things to be bought. its dangerous even. Some people go to malls everyday and become pack rats, I'm sure you've seen it on TV somewhere, with a lady or a household with majority of the house filled with possesions, and then they get an intervention, that almost always ends in tears. I believe that since this problem has become more public, and some are more aware that they could have a problem, that the issue will cease eventually. but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't stop now, because you should!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that Americans have become very materialistic. It's really silly when you think about it right, you can only wear one pair of shoes at a time, what's the point of having so many. When all is said and done you can't take any of it with you.

    ReplyDelete