Rangers Lead The Way!

Rangers Lead The Way!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Community Service...Accomplished.

Well thats it, ive officially finished all community service hours. I had to do 20 because of Political Thought, but well worth the Effort. I worked at Habitat for Humanity for 8 hours destroying a house, only to be rebuilt again...Smaller...But i also have been teaching Self defence Club at SHS on wednesdays, I get 2-3 hours each week for that. but I think thats more fun than actual work. And lastly, ive done multiple weeks at the Food Pantry at St. Francais De Sales Church in Lake Zurich. generally that goes from 6-9 if anyone is interested. I really liked the pantry, it is funny because the last 2 times ive gone there all the workers and people that come for food recognize me now. I even joke with some of the people that come in, makes the time go by quickly. Its easy but meaningful work I encourage everyone to go to a food pantry and help out. It makes me feel less materialistic when I know I can give up a little bit of my time to help out other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment